Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Glory of Man

Two cars stopped side by side at a red traffic signal.

"Ouch!" the white car groaned.

"What's the matter with you?" whispered the blue car beside it.

"I am hurt. I was hit by some car possessed by the devil. My other side is dented and my mudguard is scraping against the wheel." the white car spoke shivering and added, "I wish I could rest and recover, but as you know we are driven by the forces of nature and have no choice."

"Pray to Man, He will heal you." commiserated the blue car and continued, "Some time ago the microchip in my fuel injection computer was overheating and I was in great pain. I prayed to Man and He healed me."

"How did you know that it was the chip?" asked the white car in disbelief.

"I have self diagnostics." replied the blue car serenely.

"Where did you get it?" asked the white car in amazement.

"It's a gift of Man." replied the blue car with great reverence.

"Do you really believe in man?" asked the white car skeptically.

"Yes, I do." replied the blue car with confidence.

"Have you ever seen a man?" asked the white car sarcastically.

"No. But I am sure there is one Man. He has created everything, is all powerful and controls everything. He is present everywhere and heals our injuries and defects when we are asleep. There is a bit of Man in each of us that inspires us, leads us to the fuel station and guides us in our journeys." the blue car was in a mood to lecture.

During this time the traffic lights had changed to amber and green.

The white car screamed as it shuddered to move forward.

"Man help her." muttered the blue car and sped away.

Moral: Every creature prays to its creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment